Saturday, June 14, 2008

American Land Ho'


Hark! I sense adventure on the horizon. Yes, using my Super Sight I can see that this requires investigation.

After a quick Congressional Appropriations meeting to acquire funding I, Captain America, and the Patriot Force must embark on a three week ‘Quest for Awesome’ to explore the Heartland. The bill labeled “Lewis & Clark Part II: Let’s Get This Party Started”, breezed through the House but just squeaked by in the Senate. For a brief moment when the budget line item for Giant Foam Cowboy Hats was called into question. Senator Byrd (D), WV balked at paying for 11 Giant Foam Cowboy Hats when only 5 people are part of the American Re-Discovery team. Party lines were instantly divided, but upon finding out that the Giant Foam Cowboy Hats were made in the US, a bipartisan decision was reached that the team of adventurers would be outfitted with 315 of the hats.



The excessive order was placed in the interest of stimulating the economy. The team bought a car top carrier to store away the hats, loaded their gear and departed.

Destination Fun #1 – Nashville, TN

2 comments:

Mullarkey said...

I am trying to figure out if Matt agreed to this trip because he purchased the Captain America Costume on sale November 1st and just couldn't wait until Halloween this year to wear it, or if Matt is just a really screwed up dude.

Anonymous said...

Matt is a real American Hero. Like Ghandi.